July 11, 2009

Baby Kicks

So we've passed an important milestone! Mando can now feel the baby kick from the outside. I've been feeling him move, and occasionally nudge me from the inside, but my placenta was facing forward, so the doctor's said it would be a while before he grew strong enough to really kick through all the layers. July 5th was the first time we could both feel, and see, him kicking around in there :) It was so exciting, especially for Mando. I'm at a point in my pregnancy where I just love being pregnant. I love feeling my little baby move inside me and knowing I'm carrying a little person with me all the time. Although, as I enter my third trimester, I think I'm going to get uncomfortable pretty quickly.

I thought that this little guy was going to be really tranquilo, and a mellow little baby, but every time I go to the doctor they always make a point of telling me "what an active baby I have." They have never been able to keep find his heart rate long enough to get a super accurate reading--he moves too quickly and too much for them to pinpoint it. He also likes to play a lot--- during certain times of the day, if you place pressure anywhere on my stomach, he'll kick it. It's like a game for him (I think).

Anyway, that's the update :)

No comments:

Post a Comment