Why is it that life is always so much better when Mom is around? :) My mom came to help me and Mando after Nicholas (or Nich...pronounced Nitch, as my family has started calling him) was born. She was here for about two weeks, and I'm freaking out a little bit because she left today. It was so nice to know that someone else was in the house with me, and if I needed to take a shower or take a nap or something, she was always there to keep an eye on Nicholas. It was also nice to have someone who's had six children around to keep me sane...every few days (or hours) I'll start worrying about something-- Nicholas is sleeping too much...not sleeping enough...does he feel hot to you?...is it normal for him to do that?...why does he grunt so much, is something wrong? etc. etc. Anyway, I loved having her here, and I already miss her.
Nich is going to miss her too...

Here she is teaching Nich the names of things in both English AND Spanish. She would hold him about two inches away from things and say, "Red...Rojo! (pronounced ROW-HOE)" One time I heard her talking to him in his crib, and she said, "Fish...Paysee? Pissy? Turtle...uh, Tortilla...." :) I laughed pretty hard at that.
No comments:
Post a Comment