I went on line looking for support for nursing kids to sleep because that is what's working the best for Nicholas and me. After having heard/read/listened to so many people warn me of the "dangers" of nursing for comfort, I just wanted to hear something that made me feel like I wasn't "breaking the rules" if I let him nurse himself to sleep. Anyway, I found this article that says exactly what I've been feeling lately. I just wanted to share :)
http://www.llli.org/NB/NBJanFeb02p14.html
I also found a lot of cool information about what happens to a baby physically when they nurse vs. when they're "crying it out." Did you know that a baby's heart rate can climb to over 200 beats per minute when they cry without comfort? Also, it diminishes the oxygen levels in their blood, and it causes digestive upset (but I've already experienced THAT side of things).
No comments:
Post a Comment