Nicholas now asks for, "agua" when he wants something to drink. Today at Stake Conference he pointed at the water fountain and said, "Agua." I didn't even know he knew what a water fountain was. And, amazingly, he drank from it and didn't just play in the water!
Also, he ran over to a picture of the Lamb and the Lion together, pointed to the Lion, put his little hands up like claws and tried to roar! I have NEVER seen him do this before, and I laughed so hard! I think he must have picked this up reading books....I think I might do that (and I know Mando does it) when we read stories about lions.
Speaking of stories, his favorite book is now, King Bidgood's in the Bathtub. Which is great because that's always been one of my favorites---unlike the Hungry Caterpillar. Thank goodness that phase is over.
He's also quick to point out any and ALL balls in every story we read. "Ba! BA! BA!" he shouts at the top of his lungs, gesticulating frantically at a tiny little ball in the corner of the page in the middle of a book about animals.... who even knew it was there?! He did.
He can now climb on and off the couch and our bed now, without help.
He can also wiggle his way into the bathtub---which I found out as I was filling up the tub and heard a splash behind me. I turned around to see him holding himself on his arms, almost face-down in the water, as his feet didn't quite make it over the edge of the tub.
He has full-length conversations with his stuffed dog (also a leash/backpack that we had to buy because he's just too darn fast!) in his car seat....which is now forward-facing. eek.
He almost understands how to do the koala-hold :) He understands that he has to hold on tight around my neck whenever I say, "Koala, Koala!" But he doesn't get the feet yet, and isn't really sure what I'm doing, I think. But he giggles and laughs and likes when I do it, so that makes it fun for me :)
No comments:
Post a Comment