February 23, 2011

N-ta in a box

Santa has gone from feared guardian of the door to friendly pet. Nicholas calls him N-ta (that being the sound "nnnnn," not the actual letter "N"). Nicholas likes to grab both of his arms while he's dancing and haul N-ta around the room. I'll often find Santa sitting on the piano bench, facing the keys as if he's about to start in on a beautiful piano concerto, or sitting in the bathroom next to the bathtub, awaiting his turn to bathe. His hat, which was glued on, has been removed and used as a sock, mitten, nose covering and toy-ball-holder. It now lays abandoned and forgotten in the bottom of Nicholas' toy bin. Don't worry though, Nicholas made sure to color the top of Santa's head with Orange highlighter (I still don't know where he found it or where he's put it) so it's not completely naked.

One day I created a little box-wagon for Nicholas. He kept climbing in and out of an old diaper box, so I tied a rope to one end and started pulling him around the apartment. I thought I was pretty clever and that he would love it, but he seemed completely ambivalent to the whole thing.
He didn't laugh or even smile, and when I stopped pulling him, he just climbed out and went on his way as if nothing had happened. Failed attempt at entertaining, mommy.


But then, the next day, I walked into his bedroom and found him pulling Santa around in the box I rigged up for him! It was so cute!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, I love your blog. It's so funny and he is so darn cute! Mando too in those sunglasses. ;)

    ReplyDelete