We were in Utah this past week. Armando had to go out for work, and Nicholas and I just tagged along to visit family and some old friends. It was a GREAT trip---way too short, but great nonetheless. I'll write more about the trip in another post, but the highlight for me was getting my hair done.
I have searched high and low to find a good hairdresser for curly hair in my area to no avail. I finally threw up my hands and just called the nearest salon for an appointment because my hair was a mess. They told me they had a "curly hair specialist" who had curly hair herself, so I quickly agreed. Long story short, "specialist" my butt. She straightens her "curly" hair every single day. Anyway, hair massacre ensued, I went to get it "fixed," but it turned out worse, so I just decided to wait it out until I could go see Julie Kaye in Utah.
I might just have to fly out to Utah every few months to get my hair done :) With Julie Kaye's incredible pricing; it just MIGHT be the same financially as it would to get a cut and color around these parts.
Anyway, Julie Kaye is now certified in Brazilian Blowouts (sweet). So I decided to get a Brazilian Blowout (which is a Keratin protein treatment that makes your hair super silky and smooth for 3-4 months) while I was there. It cost me the same amount of money to get a Brazilian Blowout, full foil highlights, haircut, and liter bottles of shampoo and conditioner with Julie Kaye as it would have just to get a cut and color in Boston. Ridiculously awesome.
I didn't take a before shot, I should have, but here are a few pictures that have the after. I wish I had taken a picture RIGHT after she finished. All of these are a day or two later, so it's not quite as perfectly styled as it was when I left her shop.
Here's how it's supposed to look when it's curly.... thank you Elizabeth Shue for the inspiration :)
YOUR HAIR LOOKS AMAZING! I LOVE IT!! Do you like it?? It will stay that sleek and shiny for months? What happens when it grows out? Also, I miss Utah too. Your trip sounds awesome. And also, what does the man behind the curtain have to do with this entry??
ReplyDeleteI'm the man the behind the curtain. I'm the woman behind the camera :) I'm never in any of the pictures I post.
ReplyDeleteBubby, you look beautiful!! I'm so bummed I didn't get to see you guys this weekend . . . but you should come down to CT to see us. Plus, there is some curly hair master in New Haven that a ton of curly hair girls in my ward SWEAR by. It would definitely be cheaper than flying to Utah and darling Nicholas could play with his second cousins. Nash will even say, "Hola," "Oso," y "Uno, dos, tres" to him. That's about the extent of his Spanish.
ReplyDelete