May 25, 2012

Shaving Cream Fun

When I was in grade school, we had spelling tests every week.  On Monday we would get the words, on Wednesday we would have a pre-test, and the real test was on Friday.  If you got 100% on the pre-test, then during the real test on Friday, you got to write the spelling words on your desk in shaving cream.  It. Was. Awesome.  Seriously one of the highlights of my young life.

The other day I remembered this awesomeness and decided that my little boy shouldn't have to wait for this joy.  So I got Mando's shaving cream out and let him smear it all over our glass coffee table (which, ironically, I have wanted to get rid of since the day Mando and I got married, but I keep finding uses for it.  It has truly become one of the most functional and oft used pieces of furniture we own... aaaand I still want to chuck it).


This is what the girls did while I tried to keep Nicholas from smearing the shaving cream on the couches.



I put buttons in the shaving cream and had him look for them.  The problem was that once he found one, he couldn't get it off his hands because it kept sticking to the mounds of shaving cream in his fingers.  Not as effective as I thought.


Shaving cream is actually a REALLY great messy toy because clean up is super easy.  If you have a towel in your hand, you can just wipe the shaving cream off of any surface and it doesn't really leave a spot or residue.  Then when we were all finished, I had Nicholas help wipe down the table with a washcloth, which was his favorite part, actually.



No comments:

Post a Comment