June 24, 2012

Father's Day

Armando, we love you!  You are the best husband and father we could ask for.  I'm so glad we got married and had babies :)

This year for Father's day in nursery, Nicholas made a tie and a little biography of his dad.  I LOVE the  bio sheet because it's truth from a 2 year old.  You can tell from his answers that he thought the paper was about himself at first.  Then he started understanding that it was about Dad and his answers got a little more specific.  It's like taking a small glimpse into his brain, seeing that he really captures a lot more about what's going on than I give him credit for.



Here's what it says:

My Dad is go to school years old.
His hair is brown and his eyes are brown.
My Dad likes to wear nice shirts.
He loves to eat strawberries.
He is smart because he knows legos.
My Dad works hard at cars.
Daddy always tells me "to drink some milk."
It makes my Dad happy when the cars.
If he could go on a trip, he would go on an airplane and he would take some bread.
I really love it when my Dad "tomato."
If I could give my daddy anything it would be a car
My favorite thing about my Dad is nap.
Love, Nicholas

Here's what I love about this:
1.) It's true, Mando really does tell him to drink his milk :)  Except he ALWAYS says it in spanish.  So that means that Nicholas knows what he's saying and also knows how to translate it into English for other people.  Isn't that pretty awesome when you think about it?

2.)  I love that his favorite thing about his Dad is "nap"---which I assume means he likes when Mando puts him down for a nap.  It's certainly a lot more pleasant for him than when Mommy does it.  It always ends in tears when I try to put him down for a nap, but it takes Mando about two minutes and Nicholas is out like a light without a fight.

3.)  "He works hard at cars."  This could either mean he works hard at fixing cars---which he does, he's the resident mechanic around here.  OR it means he works hard at playing cars with Nicholas--- which is also true.  He's a pro at playing cars.  I assume this is something that is born into all males.  I don't know how to "play cars" and Nicholas is always disappointed with my performance.  Dad's a great player.

4.)  I really, really like that he picked up on the fact that when we go on trips, it's always in an airplane. And I don't think Mando or I have ever vocalized the fact that bread it one of Mando's favorite things to eat.  So that means that he just happened to notice that Dad really, really likes bread.  I don't know why I think that's so cool, but I do.  Our two year old son knows Dad's favorite food because he just happened to notice how much Dad likes it.  It means he's paying attention.

This is what he means when he says "tomato"--- he really means "I love it when my Dad plays Tormentor."  There's a Mater's tale where Mater is a monster truck wrestler named "The Tormentor!" and he wrestles all these different monster trucks.  One of them is an ice cream truck named, "The Ice Creamer" and his catch phrase is, "I'm gonna make you scream!"  :)  Nicholas thinks this is hilarious, and he runs around the house saying it.  In fact, we don't play hide and seek in our house, we play hide and scream.  And instead of saying, "Ready or not, here I come!"  we say, "I'm gonna make you scream!"  And the person hiding has to jump out and scare the person looking before they find you.  It's pretty fun! :)

Anyway, he plays "Tormenter" with his Dad all the time.  It looks like this:

Mother's day and Father's day this year were certainly much more fun than in years past because I feel like we deserve the titles now :)

To the best Dad EVER!  Mando, we love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment