This is all too true for me, and I finally decided that enough was enough. I now lock my bathroom door, something I haven't done...ever, I think. Growing up I rarely even closed it because nobody was ever really around to see. (Something I know Dave also fell into the habit of doing--- that's how Jenn was able to sneak up behind him and shake his hips while he was peeing, so the pee went everywhere :) aah, still makes me laugh thinking about it). Anyway, my bathroom time is now MY TIME. I go in and I let me children run free while I empty my bowels in blessed privacy. It's wonderful. Unfortunately, I often come out of the bathroom to find that the children have also enjoyed their time alone.
99% of the time I find at least one child standing on the kitchen table.
One time I found Nicholas dropping a log in the front yard. Look closely...yes, that is poop.
And their escapades almost always include scavenging for food--- which means a lot of food ALL over the place. Here it's an entire bag of pretzels.
| "What's the big deal, Mom?" |
| You can't really tell, but I think this is a whole bag of dried beans on the stairs---or it may be a box of cereal, can't remember. |
This was a new one-- Kate emptied out all of Nicholas' clothes and climbed into his wardrobe to hide.
Nicholas took the opportunity to try and remove his blessing outfit from the plastic covering so he could "decorate it." Thank goodness he's not super dexterous.
One whole pound of popcorn kernels... *sigh*
![]() |
| An entire box of spaghetti noodles. |
Shame on Mommy for daring to pee alone. Shame.
















No comments:
Post a Comment