April 9, 2010

Atlantis


My two favorite guys :)


This year for spring break, my WHOLE family (except Dave, who is on his mission and was sorely missed) went to Atlantis in the Bahamas. Look at those white sand beaches :) It was a great trip. Every day we all gathered (whenever we wanted to meander over) at a small beach in the bay that was pretty close to all of the water slides and other attractions. My favorite kind of vacation is the kind where I get to just lay on a beach and read my book---which is exactly what this was. I got to sit around and read in the sun, nurse my baby, and then read some more while he napped on my chest (which is the best feeling in the world).

Mando was so excited to swim in the Atlantic ocean :) We had to hike all the way to the top of the island so we could get to the "real beach" so he could wade in the water, dunk his head, swim a couple of strokes, and then come right back out again. Funny guy.
I love spending time with my family. The best night the whole trip was when we were all supposed to be "planning" on the first night. My mom was going CRAZY because the whole first day had passed in "pure chaos" with everyone doing whatever they wanted...separately...it was really frustrating for her. Anyway, we were all supposed to meet to plan out the rest of the week, but we ended up sitting around laughing and talking for quite a few hours. I'm so glad I enjoy being with my family--- wouldn't it be sad not to enjoy the company of the people you're going to be with for eternity?

Hopefully we can go back someday when Nicholas is a little bit older and able to enjoy it more. Although, he liked the sand a lot when it was dry and he was dry, wet sand just annoyed him-- you can see him looking at his hand covered in sand in almost every picture :) The sun was a little annoying for him as well. And it was a little frustrating for both Mando and I because we wanted to play with him on the beach or in the pool, but he's not really old enough to do more than smile and laugh at our funny faces....which we can do any place. He had a BLAST playing with the beach ball, though. Check it out.


Here are some of my favorite pictures:
The whole place is like one big aquarium. It was fun to watch Nicholas take it all in. Here he is with Mando looking at one of the sting rays.
Playing in the sand...it was so hard trying to keep all of the sand toys out of his mouth.
He looks so chunky here :) I don't know why he does this stunned look so much...
Grandma playing with Nicholas. I laugh every time I see this picture just becuase of her shirt :)

They looks so wistful...

The shark tank--- that tube is a water slide that goes through the shark tank. It's actually surprisingly creepy. Even though you know you're in a tube, and you know they can't get to you, when you come out of the slide and then start to slowly lull through the clear tunnel in your little tiny inner tube with sharks sliding past the glass right next to you.....whew, well I got a little freaked.
The jellyfish. My favorite part of any aquarium.

Anyway, it was a wonderful trip. Thanks Mom and Dad for another great trip! :)

3 comments:

  1. I love your blog so much!! Keep posting! Keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like so much fun!! That pictures of Nicholas looking stunned made me laugh - out loud - for like 5 minutes. That is great.

    Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bubby! Nice to catch you on here! You look like such a good mommy! Its been too long!

    ReplyDelete