July 18, 2010

Eagle Eye Mando

Here's how our conversations usually go after church on Sunday afternoons:

(As Nicholas plays with his toys...not sleeping, and both of us watch him wishing he were sleeping)
Mando: Love, why don't you go take a nap?
Liz: That's okay, I slept in today...why don't you go take a nap?
Mando: nah, I don't take naps.
Liz: (very surprised and a little sarcastic) Since when?
Mando: Remember? I don't want my body to get used to taking naps because then I get really, really tired at work at that time.
Liz: Oh...okay. (Exit stage left to do something else while Mando watches Nicholas)

Liz returns five minutes later...
Liz: Mando, you're practically asleep; just go take a nap! Seriously, I don't mind.
Mando: No...that's ok. I'm just watching him with my eyes closed.

Five minutes later:
Nicholas heads out the door....
Even as I type, Armando sleeps on the floor---refusing to admit that he's taking a nap :) And lest you all think I'm just being funny and this is a one time event:

No comments:

Post a Comment