July 6, 2010

Fun Things with Jenn

I love living near Jenn because she's always doing fun things with her kids. She's like my own private travel agent for the Boston area--- she plans everything, I just have to show up :) I am still in awe at all the things she does with her three, very active, children.


We went to the Frog Pond last week. It's this cool wading pool for kids in the middle of the park. It's only like two feet deep and it's really big and the kids just run around in it---kind of like a fountain, but without the squirty things. We also rode the swan boats (little boats with a big swan on the back that houses a little man paddling the boat like a bicycle) and saw the ducks. (I thought they were talking about real ducks....but it was these little statues :)

I went to a bench to feed Nicholas and after a few minutes Becca wandered over and stood on the bench next to me. Which effectively ended the feeding because Nicholas wanted to stand right next to her. Isn't this cute?
Then Max wandered over and it turned into a little party!

We went to Wingaersheek beach last week too. It's this great beach with rocks and tide pools. It's really soft sand and shallow water and the waves come in softly so the kids could go out really far and still be fine.
Nicholas loved sitting in the surf, but he enjoyed eating the sand more.

In fact, he got tired of me swatting his hand away from his mouth (as he shoved in handfuls of sand) so he abandoned hands all together and put his face directly into the sand and started inhaling it. I couldn't get a picture of that....for obvious suffocation reasons :) But I wish I had taken a moment to get an after shot becuase he had a little sand beard that went from ear to ear and nose to chin.

When Todd came to visit, we took the kids to the Minute Man National Park. It was so cute to see Max gliding along on his little "motorcycle" as we walked down the path.
Todd got a little bored, though :) Here he is trying out some of the wooden toys in the gift shop.
Mando and I went back to the park on Monday to take a little walk with Nicholas.

We've also been down to Jenn's several times for dinner and a barbeque.
Fun times :)

2 comments:

  1. Ok, I've already read both your entries you posted today and I need more! Post more! Post more! :) Also---Mando's dog imitation is pretty darn good. That made me laugh---so cute. Nicholas was laughing so hard he could hardly crawl around! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn---how do you do it? I betcha on those same days you went to the beach AND the swan boats AND the frog pond, you also had art and craft time where your children painted more canvases and made their own lunches with minature Montesorri tools you have all while you were making a meal for another family of 5, including bread from scratch! I wanna come visit!

    ReplyDelete