November 5, 2012

Things I will forget unless I blog about them...

Nicholas' favorite story is "The 3 Little Pigs."  He likes any version of it.  I tell it to him in English; Mando tells it to him in Spanish.  So when he's with both of us, he'll mix the spanish and english words all together.  He'll say stuff like, "Hey Mom, puhtend (pretend) you a chanchito and I'm a fudoz."  Chanchito means "little pig" and Fudoz is his way of saying "lobo feroz" or ferocious wolf (what they call the big, bad wolf in Spanish).  It makes me laugh everytime.

It's also funny to me because "feroz" is an adjective, but he uses it like a noun.  "Mom, I think it's the fedoz outside!"  When hurricane Sandy was blowing around outside, he said, "Mom!  It's the Fedoz!"  I wonder what a fedoz looks like in his little mind? :)

He calls farts "gasesitos" and it is the cutest thing I've ever heard.  I heard him fart the other day, and I said, "Did I just hear a toot?"  Nicholas:  "No, Mom...it's just gasesitos."

Today I asked him if he wanted to start wearing big boy underwear and he said yes--- but then he said, "I just don't know if it's poopies or gasesitos...."  I was surprised that he was so aware of what was going on.  And I think it was an explanation for what happened a few days ago.  Mando put him in big boy underwear before I woke up and he was going pee in the toilet all morning, but then he wet his pants because he had a little poop.  Then he kept having little poops all day, and I put him back in a diaper because I had NOT signed on for potty training that day.  Not in the mood.  Anyway, I think it was his explanation of what was going on, why he kept pooping in his big boy pants.  Made me feel a little bad that I didn't have more patience with the big boy pants.  I think we'll try again tomorrow.

I think it's time for a random cute picture.
 Kate and Nicholas in her crib.  These two are like peas in a pod.  They have very similar personalities, and so I often find them looking at each other just laughing and laughing.  It's funny how birth order works-- Kate and Lauren are twins, but I still feel like Lauren is the third child.  It's going to be interesting to see how things play out as they get older.

Kate on Mando's head while he feeds Lauren.
What a guy :)  He does it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment