April 22, 2013

10 Reasons why I would want to be stuck on a deserted island with Dave

In honor of Dave's 24th birthday.

If I were going to be stranded on a deserted island and I could pick one person to be stranded with me, I would pick Dave.  Here's why:




10.)  He's intelligent.  Like seriously intelligent.  I mean, he got into Stanford, guys.  Stanford.  The real one-- with Leland, not William.

Let's face it, if you're stuck on a deserted island you're going to want to survive and escape.  With Dave's random knowledge of everything on the planet and my ability to make useful stuff out of crap, well.... we'd be unstoppable.  We'd build a beach mansion and discover a root that cures cancer all before the first sunset.  And, if we're going to be there a while, I want to be with someone that makes interesting and intellectually stimulating conversation.

9.)  He's Kind and Sensitive.

Even though we used to try and kill each other when we were little, I think we make a pretty good team now.  And I know how nice and considerate Dave can be.  He lets his sisters sleep with their feet in his face in his twin bed.  Now that's love.


And because I'm his favorite person (even though there aren't any pictures of us together on his facebook account), not just a responsibility, he would kindly and gladly make sure I was doing okay.  He's very aware of everyone's emotions and he's very quick to make sure everyone is comfortable and taken care of.  

8.)  He's Creative (and can fit into very tiny places).


Evil, perhaps, but creative :)  From torturing the chubby sister to rearranging furniture in his dorm room to torture his OCD roommate.  Dave is creative and resourceful in his methods.  Perhaps we can put his talents to use for good on a deserted island.  

Also, when we need to go searching through the inevitable underground tunnels that we will find, he can do it.


7.)  He has very good hygiene.

Who wants to be stuck with someone that doesn't like to be clean?  He always smells good, and he's very fastidious in brushing his teeth.  If we're going to honest, he might not want to be stuck with me because I'm....uh.... not so fastidious.

6.)  He is a big, strong, MAN... and he's a certified scuba diver.





Which means he would be in charge of hunting, gutting, and cleaning all our protein matter.... while I gathered.  Also, he's not afraid of fish (I am), and that's probably going to be our most plentiful food supply.


5.)  He can drink unnatural amounts of liquid


which leads me to believe that he might function like a camel.  Thus, he'd last longer on an island with little rainfall.  Who wants a companion that dies before them!?

4.)  He knits!

We could sit around the fire every night knitting together and telling tales.  OH the fun we would have, Dave! :)

3.)  He's a master of camouflage and disguise.



So if we happened upon any "others," we could safely hide among them OR hide in plain sight because we are well camouflaged.

2.)  He's a really good digger.


No, seriously.... like really good.




1.)  He is FUN and FUNNY.
This is the most important quality!  I love spending time with him!  It is fun to be around him because he's always coming up with new ways to have fun and make you laugh.  I never stop laughing at his quick wit and dry humor.  I belly laugh with him...  oh man, I'm just chuckling right now thinking about him jumping into the pool at Cabo butt-naked.  And mom running into the glass sliding door (which has nothing to do with this, but the memories are connected and that was hilarious).  Being stuck on an island wouldn't be a bad thing if Dave were with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment