"This is a ghost."
"This is Angry Birds."
I think the dark circle above his pillow is a race track.
My favorite one is the monster with a big round nose over on the left hand side.
And, don't worry, he made sure to sign it.
Twice
I was so shocked at the expanse of his mural and so impressed at the quality of his drawings (which, up to now, have been mainly scribbles and a few circles) that I couldn't bring myself to scold him for drawing on the wall. But I didn't want to gush over his drawings the way I would have if he'd done them on paper for fear of encouraging drawing on the walls of our rented house.
He was so proud of himself I just couldn't burst his bubble. I smiled and oohed and aaahed. I asked what every drawing was and marveled at his written name. Then I took pictures on my phone. I told him that drawings are for paper, not the walls and I gave him a washcloth and magic eraser to help me clean it all up.
It broke my heart a little to erase it. If you ask me, the room looked way better with the drawings than without. It made me want to tape butcher paper or white contact paper or something all over his walls and let him go crazy. Maybe I will do that.
If we weren't renting, I totally would have kept it :). It was awesome. It spanned three walls, his wardrobe and the back of the door.





No comments:
Post a Comment