
Nicholas has reached the mobile stage. He's not exactly crawling, but he definitely knows how to get around. That means he knows how to get what he wants...and what he ALWAYS wants is paper. Any kind of paper. He's realized that paper is like cloth...except you can tear pieces of it off and chew it. He LOVES to chew on paper. Sometimes I'll look over and see him chomping like a cow chewing its cud with a big ol' smile of contentment plastered on his face, and I know he's just found a little piece of paper somewhere. Here he is getting into the box of unopened medicine and band-aids that I couldn't find...he found it! :) And as soon as he saw that I saw him, he started stuffing band-aid wrappers into his mouth as fast as he could!

See him chewing? I've become quite adept at hooking paper off the roof of his mouth. Why don't I stop giving him paper, you ask? I HAVE, believe me, but he is able to find paper ANYWHERE. When you think about it, paper is every where--- it's the labels on our food cans/jars, the stickers with prices on them from the grocery store, the mail, the books we keep around the house, the receipts you think are safe in your purse, the little tiny pieces of cardboard that got torn off boxes when you ripped open the tape....yep, he finds them all. He's able to do a pincer grip now (isn't that early? I thought fine motor skills like that one didn't develop until later...hmm).

But at least he's a happy baby :)

Here he is playing with his spoon. He insists on grabbing it and playing with it between each bite; then when he gets hungry enough he'll give it back to me for more :)

He's such a cutie and getting cuter every day. I love my little guy!
No comments:
Post a Comment