May 24, 2010

Settling in


We LOVE Boston! Well, really we're quite a ways out of the city in a little town called Bedford. But we LOVE the area. Even though we're still getting settled and we don't know the area very well yet, we are having a lot of fun. I've already memorized how to get to the basic necessary places: the grocery store (I have several options and it's fun to try out each one and figure out what the pros and cons are. Market Basket is by far the cheapest and the produce and meat has been surprisingly fresh and good. Whole Foods--akin to Good Earth, my all time favorite food store in Provo--- was surprisingly disappointing and ridiculously expensive. I'm going to Wilson Farms for my next grocery trip. I can't wait!), the public library, and the park. Yes, those are my necessities.

This fun playground is right across the street from the public library, so I plan on going quite often. I think it's technically a school playground, but I've been twice and nobody has told me to leave. We'll see how long that lasts. Nicholas loves it! He's not mobile enough to do anything by himself, but he loves getting pushed in the swings and sitting in the tube (seen above). Mando is really enjoying his new position.
And so is Nicholas.
It's been great having Mando's office right next door (literally across the parking lot) because we get to see him a lot more. He comes home for lunch every day (which gives me a nice little break in the sometimes-monotonous span of being home all day) and it only takes him three minutes or so to get home from work at the end of the day. And if I've forgotten something in his car or I need to ask him a question, I just stop by on my afternoon walk with Nicholas. It's so nice! :)
(I didn't mean to dress them alike :) But isn't it cute?)

The aparment is great! Every day I tell Mando about one more thing that I love about the apartment. It's been a pleasant surprise becuase I was sort of expecting the worst---the company picked it out for us, we had never seen it, the floor plan was our least favorite out of all the aparment complexes we looked at (on the internet), and the other guy that works out here actually moved out of this complex after his lease was up.....so that didn't really bode well. It turned out to be an amazing apartment! It's very spacious and in GREAT condition--looks brand new. It has a lot of light and it's on the third floor in the corner---so we get a nice breeze, have a nice view, and noise is minimal. Our aparment overlooks the playground and basketball court so every night as I cook dinner with the windows open, I hear the faint sounds of kids laughing and playing mixed with the chirping birds and the wind rustling through the trees. Sigh. It's so peaceful.

Nicholas loves the apartment too. Everything is just his size...

He has lots of space to practice crawling...

And plenty of room to stretch :)
Along with the move to Boston came Nicholas' move into solid foods. We gave him some solids before we left, but we've jumped in with both feet now that we're settled. He loves the produce here!All in all, we're happy, healthy and enjoying life. The only sad part is missing the family and friends we left in Utah--- hopefully they'll come and visit us soon! :)

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful post. :-) I miss you, but I'm glad you're enjoying your new area.

    ReplyDelete