June 10, 2010

The Cousins

One of the best parts about living in Boston is being close to my sister, Jenn. I've had a chance to live really close to all of my sisters now! First it was Katie at BYU/Jerusalem; then I got to live close to Missy and hang out with her the first two years of my marriage. Now I get to hang out with Jenn and her kids! It's been great :)

Nicholas LOVES being around people; so it's really nice to have a place to go that's crawling with new things for him to explore and people to entertain him (i.e. Jenn's house). Here's Madi playing with Nicholas---she's so good with him and can always get him to laugh. First she whips her head around as quickly as she can....Nick doesn't quite know what to think of that.

Then he realizes it's pretty funny...especially when she makes that funny noise.
Then he wants to grab her flying hair and that thing making all the noise...watch out, Madi!
What most impresses me about Jenn is how much she does for other people. She has her hands full---more than most other people I know---yet she never turns down an opportunity to fix someone dinner, watch their kids, invite them over, or just be a listening ear. I don't think people appreciate her enough. Somehow in the same amount of time that it takes me to simply get up, get showered, maybe clean my kitchen, and put my son down for a nap she's probably already done ALL of that (with THREE kids) plus done a good deed for someone else and taken her kids out to the park or something cool. I don't know how she does it.... Her and my mom. They're amazing.

Anyway, we've had fun so far. We go to the pool (okay, we've only been once, but there will be more pool trips I'm sure).
We've been to Wilson Farms. I even had a special Madi/Bubby day at Wilson Farms while Max was potty training.
Madi sets up special play areas for Nicholas...and maaaaaany other "special things" for him. One never knows exactly what "special thing" Madi will do next. This is his special play place in the backyard.It's full of Jenn's couch cushions and pillows and many, many, many toys and stuffed animals from the playroom. I think Madi might have buried Nicholas in toys if her mom hadn't come out and looked at her like this:I'm glad we're here!

No comments:

Post a Comment