This is kind of cute on it's own, but what makes it hilarious is the face that Nicholas gets every time Mando does it. At first he's just ecstatic to be on Mando's shoulders
and he gets this look of sheer joy, but then while Mando runs around the room cheering he just sits there with this smug little smile.
Kind of like he's thinking, "Of course they're applauding me...why wouldn't they?" And if Mando ever stops cheering, he will give him little kicks and tugs at his hair until he starts again.
2.) I have been blessed with a multi-tasker. Nicholas loves to do one thing while he's doing another. For example---I've previously mentioned how he likes to suck on cloth while he plays with other toys--- he always likes to have one thing hanging out of his mouth while he plays with one or two things with his hands.
A few months ago he started trying to suck on his fingers while he nurses---a very annoying habit. He gets his little hand up right next to his mouth, and then he sloooowly slides his thumb into his mouth. He actually does a pretty good job of keep the seal until, inevitably, his thumb fully enters his mouth dislodging his connection with the nipple. Recently, since I won't let him suck on his own fingers (I keep a firm grip on his little hand while he's nursing), he started pulling my own fingers into his mouth...and the little stinker is SO STRONG! Sometimes he wins when we're fighting over where my hand goes. It's a lose-lose situation for me because I either hold his hand and wind up with my own fingers in his mouth, or I let his hand go and his own fingers go in his mouth. Little stinker.
3.) He started officially crawling (total mobility) about a week ago. About two days after he achieved full movement, he started pulling himself up on things! Isn't that really fast? I came into his room when he was supposed to be napping and found him standing up in his crib, holding on to the side rail and bouncing on the mattress! I thought they weren't supposed to start standing until later! sheesh.
So much for babyproofing in steps; I need to do a total overhaul. In the first four days of crawling Nicholas had already: pulled a standing lamp down on himself...twice..., gotten into the garbage can, put his fingers into the electrical sockets (I didn't know they ACTUALLY did that...I thought the covers were for a "just in case" scenario), pulled down a bar stool, and learned how to open the only three drawers that are in reach for him (one in the kitchen, two in the living room), oh...and he found the toilet brush. I know it sounds like I'm not watching him---but I AM! He's just really really FAST! One second he's playing with his trains in the living room and then all of a sudden he's pulling the lamp cord!
4.) His personality and sense of humor is really starting to come out. I love playing with him because he plays back. He knows how to fake cough to get my attention and he knows that if cuddles up to me, I'll put my book down :) He laughs really hard when I pretend to bite his cheeks, so he will come over to me and try to bite my cheeks. He's a funny little boy. I feel like he's always watching me to see how I'm reacting to stuff. And he's just so happy most of the time :) I love his little smile and the way he cuddles up to me during naptime. Right after he wakes up from naps he will just lay and cuddle with me or Mando on the couch. It's great :)
No comments:
Post a Comment