March 2, 2011

Forgotten Hilarity

I finally downloaded all of the pictures from the "good camera" as we call it (Dad's "old" awesome camera that he bequeathed to me). I found these pictures of the bat that started swooping around the house while Jenn's family, Katie, Nicholas and I were all back in Batesville visiting last August.

We were sitting around one night enjoying nightly snacks in front of the larger-than-life television that now rules over the family room (probably watching "White Collar" if I remember correctly), when a bat flew out from who-knows-where and started swooping back and forth over the kitchen/family room area. Everyone immediately dropped to the ground, and Kurt-the-bull jumped up to save the day. I was in the dining room, and I look over through the glass doors to see Kurt swinging two throw pillows, one in each hand, as he ducks and swerves.

As Kurt engages the enemy in a full-out pillow fight,

Mamajama the great and Katie have Snuggies opened as wide as they will go to block off the hallways, containing the bat in the front entryway.

The front door was left open and all the lights kept on so the bat would be attracted to the darkness outside. It worked, eventually, and the bat flew off into oblivion.

The Bull and Mamajama are victorious....and Katie is still shaking.

The aftermath of the swinging pillows.

No comments:

Post a Comment