February 4, 2012

Help me, please..... (Katie, that means you)

So, I need help with my front windows--- up until recently we had some dark brown sheer curtains up.  The same ones we had in our living room in Provo for anyone who remembers.

Terrible picture because I was facing the sun, sorry.
They're sheer, so they really don't offer much of what we need.  The sun comes in super strong in the morning and shines in our eyes while we eat breakfast, so it would be nice to have something substantial to close part-way while the sun is blaring.

Second, at night, you can see right through them into our living room/kitchen area.  We need something substantial to close at night for a little more privacy from the people passing on the street  (read: "I want to put up thicker curtains so people can't see me walking around in my underwear).

I went to Ikea to do some returns/exchanges and quickly picked out a curtain + sheer combination I thought would work.  Well, it very obviously doesn't.  I have no idea what I'm doing.  The decorating gene skipped me.

Where's Nicholas??
There he is!
That's what Nicholas says every time he sees these pictures :) 

I love my pillows--- also from Ikea--- but I think that's what's throwing me off.  I don't know how to coordinate them and end up with the look I want.  I think blue curtains would look nice with the pillows, but they would be very dark in the room.  I want some color because we have ALL neutrals in everything else.  Also, keep in mind that the lamp on the left will have a better lampshade soon :)  I haven't replaced it yet. 

And I need to put a lamp in the other corner (the one with the plant) because the room is quite dark without one, but I can't figure out how to do it without looking really crowded.

Suggestions?

3 comments:

  1. I have some ideas. I will email you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no help to give. But wanted to say, I have seen those pillows at IKEA and I love them. Glad you bought them.

    ReplyDelete